Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cgrundman9
Returning Member

Stimulus check deposited into account I know longer have.

IRS shows direct deposit to 2018 return account which I did use because it was quicker to get the money at the time. I cancelled the account and have no idea how my stimulus will get to me. Does turbo tax have it? Are they going to mail it to me? I can't get a hold of any body turbo tax and this entire experience baffles me. Like somebody should be picking up. I'd wait on hold for a hour like I have anything better to do. I got through to all my CC and banks just fine with some wait of course. Anyone know the answer? I thought I was just getting a check mailed to me from the IRS but this is just another **bleep**ing bull**bleep** from turbo tax. Yes I get a lot of people are calling in but there is absolutely no help on cards accounts that done exist per the automated phone and the app says it's cancelled. I can log in prepaid account online for some reason but it just tells me to call for questions. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Stimulus check deposited into account I know longer have.

If the account that the IRS attempts to send your payment to is closed, the payment will be returned to the IRS.

After that happens (we have no idea how long that could take, the IRS has not said), you will be able to enter new information in the Get my Payment tool on the IRS website found here: Get my Payment.  

Until the payment is returned to the IRS and your status changes in their system, there isn't anything else you can do.

The IRS system is updated daily, typically in the overnight hours.   Check back often until you are able to update your payment.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies