barbara613

sold my house; tried to file Schedule D with Turbo Tax but it wasn't included in the final print out. How can I use turbo tax to file an amendment?

LaunieR_EA101

Selling your home may not be a taxable event it depends on several factors, this article will help you determine if it should be taxable https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/home-ownership/tax-aspects-of-home-ownership-selling-a-home/L6t...

If you do need to amend your tax return when you log into your TurboTax account your should see the option to amend directly on your screen, if you don't see at the top please click on Tax Home and scroll to the bottom and you should see the different tax years and be able to click amend on the return you need to amend. If you used our desktop product you can select Amend a Filed Return from the introductory menu when you open the program.  

barbara613

the link was extremely helpful!  thank you

The sale of personal residence will ONLY show up on the Sch D  if any of the sale is taxable  AND  you indicated you got a 1099-S for the sale at the closing.  To force it on the Sch D you simply indicate you did get a 1099-S even if you did not ... look at the input screen carefully and click this box : 

1099-s.PNG