Self Employed 401K-
raziz1

Self Employed 401K-

Since there is no required reporting of contributions unless contributions are in excess of $250,000 how will I know if a client actually made contributions?

Self Employed 401K-

Huh?  What client?  Why do you need to know if someone else made a contribution?  You need to enter all contributions.  What reporting is only for over 250,000?  That doesn't sound right.  @dmertz 

raziz1

Self Employed 401K-

Since self employed 401K are self directed and contributions are reported on Schedule 1 to determine the adjustment to income and the custodial entity has not reporting requirement to inform the IRS of contributions how does one know if a client contributed $19,500 or simply nothing? In other words are there any check and  to protect us as tax preparers? 

dmertz

Self Employed 401K-

This is not the forum to be asking this question. This has nothing to do with TurboTax.

Self Employed 401K-

Oh, you are a tax preparer?  This is a forum for self prepared Turbo Tax returns.  You can't use Turbo Tax as a preparer.  You need to ask another professional forum.

macuser_22

Self Employed 401K-

It is not legal for a paid preparer to use TurboTax per IRS regulations and the TurboTax license agreement.

raziz1

Self Employed 401K-

Please pardon me I thought I was in the tax forum, I'm new to Intuit and of course I wouldn't use Turbo Tax to prepare a return. Anyway I have reached out to my hiring manage to get to the correct forum to discuss various tax topics.

raziz1

Self Employed 401K-

Please pardon me I thought I was in the tax forum community, anyway I have reached out to my division manager to get to the right place to discuss various tax topics.

Self Employed 401K-

Are you using one of the Intuit Professional programs?  

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/