Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rejected 1099-nec

I e-filed 3 1099-nec forms with Quick Employer Forms, which were rejected by the IRS.  I've reviewed them and all SSNs and values appear to be correct.

How do I re-e-file these three 1099s? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

rejected 1099-nec

I am having the same issue!  I had several get rejected but I cannot find the error and I cannot delete or refile the 1099.  So frustrating.  If anyone knows what to do, please help!  I tried to start over and enter the business again and e-file under the "new" business but I won't know if that works until it processes.  Also, we e-filed these ages ago and there are still several in process that might get rejected.  This is maddening!  

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

rejected 1099-nec

When files are rejected by the IRS they have an error code which should tell you why they haven't been accepted.  If you can't see the error code then contact TurboTax support and ask them to look it up.

Once you have corrected the errors you will be able to refile the returns the same way you filed them initially.

Here's how to contact TurboTax.

@JimVentresca 

@sdeblock

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

rejected 1099-nec

I am having the same problem with Quick Employer Forms. A 1099-NEC that was accepted last year is now being rejected for 2023.

I found and called the Turbotax contact number (thanks for the tip on how to find) and spoke with an agent with lots of experience. However, they were not able to help. At all.

Now I am changing our "Business Name" to match my husband's name since we use his social security number and refiling. Hoping it will go through this time!

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

rejected 1099-nec

It is possible that the social security or federal ID numbers given to you by the workers are invalid. In that case, you can mail the forms in but the IRS will not be able to process them without a valid identification number. At least if you mail them in you are on record as having complied with the law requiring you to prepare and submit the forms.

rejected 1099-nec

I know. I've tried four times now, on advice of the tax experts at Intuit.  The last person had 40 years experience and was confidant that changing the name, as you've described, would work.  These too, were rejected.

I called the IRS and they  could offer no help, because we're not using their in-house system. 

It doesn't seem like there are any experts at Intuit Support who are really familiar with the workings of Quick Employer Forms. I seem to know more about the site and how it works than the CS reps, and each time, while we're on the phone, the representative comes up to speed on the website, and then there's no place to go after that. We both know about as much as each other at that point and...

rejected 1099-nec

I agree with mailing them in to make sure we are in compliance with the law. Thanks for mentioning it. I have finally come to that solution. So, I now have to order paper 1096 forms from the IRS (you can't print them at home)  and fill them out and mail them in by the end of Feb. 

rejected 1099-nec

Intuit can't see any code

rejected 1099-nec

Yeah, pretty sad, but also a major time suck. I'm punting on the Not-So-Quick Employer Forms at this point and am going to use an alternate efile system.

rejected 1099-nec

Yeah too bad. I think I’ll try another online service too. 

rejected 1099-nec

That was our next step as well.  We think it might be some issue with sole proprietor.  We submitted this way too and hopefully it will go thru now.  I still have 4 in processing though from 3 weeks ago.

rejected 1099-nec

Definitely not possible that the numbers are wrong.  We have filed these multiple years in the past with no issues but agree on mailing.  I do agree that might be the next step!

darilek5

rejected 1099-nec

I am having the same issue.  I have tried refiling several times and keep getting rejected.  I have filed each 1099 individually, filed 1099 that were filed last year using Turbo Tax with no issues by as a group and the 1099s new to this year as a group or individually.  I have rechecked all names and SS#s and they are all correct.  I am at a loss.

Contacting Turbo Tax now.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

rejected 1099-nec

There are numerous difficulties reported in the efile system this year.  I would recommend printing and mailing your 1099s if they have been repeatedly rejected.  If they are still showing as processing but not accepted at the IRS end document your submission date as well as any processing dates in case there are notices from the service about this delay.

@darilek5 

@sdeblock 

@JimVentresca 

[Edited 2/12/24  08:41 AM PST]

jdizzle23

rejected 1099-nec

"Tax Expert and Employee"  you've responded on this issue on a lot of different posts and you give a lot of different answers that aren't helpful, aren't correct and make me think you are a bot.  Are you a bot?  When will the issue be fixed.  What can we actually do in the mean time as we wait for a resolution.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies