Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mvpfr

S Corp

I have an S Corporation and have no employees. How do I claim the personal income versus the S corp income? Do I file separately? Do I need a W-2? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

S Corp

The K-1 form, or S-corp equivalent, should allow you to report your S corp gains

RossP88
Expert Alumni

S Corp

Hi! I am a TurboTax Live CPA. You will typically need to file a W-2 from the S-Corp to yourself for any employee services rendered.  Generally the wage paid must be fair and equitable considering the work performed. All other income will flow through to your return via a K-1 from the S-corp.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

S Corp

The corporate return is completed and filed separately from the personal return and it is due 3/15 every year unless you put it on extension.   So did you just start a corporation or did you miss filing the 2020 return this year? 

Once the corp return is complete it will issue a K-1 form to each owner to be filed on the personal tax return.  If you work for the business you must also take a wage/salary and file payroll tax reports quarterly/annually and issue all the employees a W-2 in January.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies