Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did UberEats food delivery and Uber Ridesharing, but Uber does not separate the income on the 1099. What to do?

Normally I report food delivery and ridesharing income separately (e.g. Doordash food delivery vs Uber Ridesharing), but this year I did food delivery for UberEats in addition to Uber Ridesharing and Uber only issued one 1099 with my UberEats income and my Uber Ridesharing income combined. What am I supposed to do about this? Is there a way to report all my food delivery and ridesharing income with one Schedule C? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I did UberEats food delivery and Uber Ridesharing, but Uber does not separate the income on the 1099. What to do?

Yes, you can report food delivery and ridesharing on the same Schedule C as they are similar businesses.

For this, you will create only one business and report all income and expenses in that business.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the quick reply. Since I will be combining ridesharing and food delivery, what IRS Business Code should I use? 

And what will be best to call this business, "Ridesharing / Food Delivery" or something else? One website I saw suggested calling the business "Logistic services."

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

The business code doesn't really affect anything, it is simply for statistical purposes, but yes, you could use Ridesharing and food delivery or one or the other if you are just combining as one business.

If you choose Ridesharing while walking through TurboTax, the program will customize the rest of the interview to you making it easier to pick out which expenses are typically involved in the ridesharing business. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Much appreciated!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies