turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Getting message I have a K-1 that has no entries.

I have just finished entering all the required information for both K-1's. When I try to move to the next screen I get a message " We noticed you have a K-1 that has no entries." I have repeatedly reviewed each K-1 to make sure all spaces are filled out but this does not correct the problem.  I am filing for a LLC where my wife and I are partners. Do you have any suggestions which will allow me to move forward? What can I do which will allow the software to accept the changes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DeanM15
Expert Alumni

I would check to see if you have a duplicate K1 form that carried over from last year. Check the K1 section first to see if you have any extra K1 entries.

If there are only the two K1s in the K1 section, try moving to Delete a Form. 

• In the left-hand black menu, choose Tax Tools then Tools.
  •  Click on Delete a Form from the window that pops up.
  •  You should now see the Review Form List. Scroll down the list and see how many K1 forms you have. If you have more than 2, delete the extra K1.
  • You may get a pop up telling you additional worksheets and forms are being deleted. Approve and click delete.
  • You should come back to the Review Form List. Scroll to the bottom and click Continue with My Return.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DeanM15
Expert Alumni

I would check to see if you have a duplicate K1 form that carried over from last year. Check the K1 section first to see if you have any extra K1 entries.

If there are only the two K1s in the K1 section, try moving to Delete a Form. 

• In the left-hand black menu, choose Tax Tools then Tools.
  •  Click on Delete a Form from the window that pops up.
  •  You should now see the Review Form List. Scroll down the list and see how many K1 forms you have. If you have more than 2, delete the extra K1.
  • You may get a pop up telling you additional worksheets and forms are being deleted. Approve and click delete.
  • You should come back to the Review Form List. Scroll to the bottom and click Continue with My Return.

Hello DeanM15,

Thank you for taking the time to provide an answer to the error message that suggested I had   duplicate K1's. I followed your advice and reviewed Form List   but I only found I had 2 K1's and not three. I was hoping there were three and I could delete one which would correct the problem. Would you have any other suggestions to correct this error? I have not been able to move past the finished screen because the error message says I have empty spaces in my K1's which I can not find.

Thanks again for reviewing this problem.

@DeanM15, I have the same issue, but I'm using Home& Business , CD. So when I go to Tools Menu, I don't see the same options per your note. Also, I clicked on forms and only see one, but maybe I'm looking incorrectly. Please help
Thanks

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

To see if there are extra K-1s included in your return, go to Forms at the top right side of the screen and take a look at the list of every form that is included in your return.  

The K-1s will have a designation of 'K-1 Trust' or 'K-1 Partnership', etc depending on the type of K-1 it represents.  Also, if there is a K-1 that is generating an error in your return, there should be a red exclamation point next to the form.  

If you do find an extra K-1, highlight it and click Delete Form at the bottom of the screen.

@TaxLu

@AnnetteB6 

I checked the forms and there is only one K-1.  On the forms view it does not show any red exclamation points. Still get the K-1 missing information error. At this point I just click skip so I can continue.

It is a K-1 Corp and Form 6198
Is there any other way to get help on this error?
Thank you!

@Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

you could contact support.  but one more item is there an item 20Z.  if so, you need to click on the link to enter the required info.

it might also help if you told us what kind of k-1 - partnership (1065), s-corp(1120-s), or trust (1041) and what lines have info. 

@Anonymous 

S Corporation (Form 1120S)
The S corp is still open/dormant.
Not a Final K-1 and Not Amended K-1
No 20Z found
K-1
Part 1 has company info
Part 2 has shareholder info
Part 3, 1 Rental Real Estate checked off
Part 3, 2  Net rental real estate income , materially participated, and is a trade or business checked off
Section D2, A Does this k-1 include a Section 199A ? No
That is all the info in it--
Under K-1 S Crop there is From 6198, when I click on it, the cursors goes to line 1 c "Other form or schedule" and it is blue, like it wants me to input something there. Not sure what I would put there.

Thanks for your help

@Anonymous 
I added the information you requested, could you take a look please?
Also, how do I contact support? Every support link I click leads me back to the community support.
Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies