Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Finally my schedule C for 2019 and I am stuck. Wages line 26

Filing my schedule C for 2019 and I am stuck. Wages line 26.

I need to show wages for the PPP application, but I paid my employees as independent contractors and provided them a 1099. Can that amount go in wages?  instead of online 11 where they’re asking for contract labor.

Also. Have you guys filled out a payroll report for the PPP? If so is there a special form that you use?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

For sole proprietors, your PPP loan is based on your Schedule C net income, i.e., line 29 from your Schedule C.  The guidance on the PPP is very specific, loans are not allowed for 1099-MISC payments.  According to the guidance those 1099-MISC independent contractors must apply for their own PPP loan.  In other words, if it wasn't reported on a W-2, you can't get a loan for it.

I know of no special form to use for the PPP loan, most lenders will provide their own application forms.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

I need to show wages for the PPP application, but I paid my employees as independent contractors and provided them a 1099

Employees get issued a W-2 and nothing else. So if you didn't issue any W-2's that means your business does not have any employees. Period.

To report and deduct what you paid your sub-contractors would be reported in the box for "contract labor".

If you don't have any W-2 employees, then you have no need for and do not qualify for the PPP loan.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies