turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cinsha

Problem with TT2023 not recording rental income that is not on a 1099-MISC or a 1099-K.

Problem with TT2023 not recording rental income that is not on a 1099-MISC or a 1099-K. TT2023 will not record it, just keeps going back to the Rental Income screen. If I select Other income not on a 1099-MISC, or a 1099-K, the amount won't record.  If I select Visit All TT2023 just cycles back and forth between the 1099-MISC screen and the 1099-K screen. Can't go any further. STUCK!

When will Turbo Tax fix this? I see by comments by others, that this has been going on for weeks!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Problem with TT2023 not recording rental income that is not on a 1099-MISC or a 1099-K.

I am using the 2023 Premier Edition desktop for Windows and found this workaround.

When the program asks if you received a Form 1099-K answer Yes.  On the 1099-K enter any name for the Payer, any 9 digits for the Payer ID and then enter $1 in box 1a.  Click on Continue and click on Done.

This will take you back to the Form 1099-MISC question and  answer NO.  Click on Continue. 

You will now be back at the Form 1099-K Summary screen.  Click on the BACK button.  You can now continue the interview for the Schedule C.

Additionally, unless you are in the business of buying and selling rental properties then you should not be using a Schedule C for self-employment income.  You should be using a Schedule E if you are only a landlord reporting you rental property income and expenses.  The TurboTax program for rental properties does not have the issue of looping you back and forth between a Form 1099-MISC and a Form 1099-K.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies