drsinz79

Is eBay self-employed? if so when I am trying to apply for a disability do I enter the amount before or after calculating taxes & minus the $600.00 that is not taxed?

I am trying to figure everything out and get it right since I have a lot of health conditions. Also, can you still sell items on eBay while on disability? Just wondering.

Yes if you sell on EBay that is self employment.  What 600 isn't taxed?  You might not get a 1099 for under 600 but all self employment is taxed.  Well just the Net Profit after expenses is taxed.  

drsinz79

I am trying to understand that for applying for disability, do I need to calculate so much tax to the payouts I get from what I sold on eBay and get the difference put that in? Or do I just leave it since I know I will be paying for the taxes of what was sold later on during tax season?