loreny08

I received a 5071C Letter

I received a 5071C Letter asking me to verify my identity, which I did it and I was accepted by IRS and now I dont know what is the next step or what can I do to complete my taxes refund process so I can receive my refund. My tax year is 2021

Thank you,

Loreny M

I received a 5071C Letter

If you followed the instructions to verify your identity to the IRS then now you just have to wait patiently and expect it to take a pretty long time.  Anything that requires human attention will take longer than normal.  The IRS is severely backlogged.  TurboTax does not get any information after you file your tax return, so your only source of information is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2021 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds