Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my tax for 2022 and it was accepted, but I missed including the 1099-MISC form. How to file the missing 1099 form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

I filed my tax for 2022 and it was accepted, but I missed including the 1099-MISC form. How to file the missing 1099 form

You will have to amend your tax return for 2022.  But wait until your return has been fully processed (i.e. you get your refund or your payment is withdrawn.)  I have included a link below that has instructions on how to amend your tax return in TurboTax.

If the amount is small, and you do not owe additional taxes as a result of adding it, then you do not need to amend.  Just keep the Form for your records.

Don't amend if:

• You haven’t e-filed or mailed your return yet. Just open your return, make any changes, and file when you're ready. If you already printed your return, follow these steps to make changes
  • Your tax return hasn't been processed yet or your e-filed return is still pending. Wait until the return is accepted before amending
  • Your e-filed return is rejected. Just make your changes and then resubmit or mail your return
  • You received a government notice that doesn't specifically tell you to amend (for example, math error corrections or request for additional forms). Just follow the instructions in the notification
  • You entered the wrong bank account to get your refund
  • You received Forms 1095-B or 1095-C and the info matches what you reported on your return
  • You want to make changes to the amount you claimed for Advanced Child Tax Credits. The IRS will internally adjust your refund
  • You want to make changes to the amount you claimed for the Recovery Rebate Credit. The IRS will internally adjust your refund if you claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit but didn’t qualify or overestimated the amount you should have received. If a correction is needed, the IRS will calculate the correct amount of the 2020 or 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit, make the correction to the tax return, and continue processing it. There’s no need at this point to amend your return, unless you didn’t claim the Rebate Recovery Credit at all, and were entitled to claim it

Amend if you already mailed your return (or the government accepted your e-file) and:

• You need to report a tax form you forgot about or received after filing (most commonly a W-2, 1099, or 1095-A)
  • You received a corrected tax form after filing (the corrected box is checked) and the new info changes your refund or tax due amount
  • You forgot to report income or claim dependents, deductions, or credits
  • You accidentally claimed dependents, deductions, or credits you're not eligible for
  • You made an error that affects your bottom line, such as reporting income or deductions in 2022 that should've been claimed in a prior tax year (in that case, you'll need to amend all affected tax years)
  • You need to change your filing status (for example, you want to change from Single to Head of Household)
  • We instructed you to amend because of a program error (uncommon)

Click here for "Should I File an Amended Return? And click on Begin.

Click here for an article by TurboTax on "Do I need to Amend?"

Click here for information on if you need to amend your tax return.

Click here for detailed information on "How to File an Amended Return with the IRS."

Click here for a TurboTax video on "How to amend your tax return".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

You will have to amend your tax return for 2022.  But wait until your return has been fully processed (i.e. you get your refund or your payment is withdrawn.)  I have included a link below that has instructions on how to amend your tax return in TurboTax.

If the amount is small, and you do not owe additional taxes as a result of adding it, then you do not need to amend.  Just keep the Form for your records.

Don't amend if:

• You haven’t e-filed or mailed your return yet. Just open your return, make any changes, and file when you're ready. If you already printed your return, follow these steps to make changes
  • Your tax return hasn't been processed yet or your e-filed return is still pending. Wait until the return is accepted before amending
  • Your e-filed return is rejected. Just make your changes and then resubmit or mail your return
  • You received a government notice that doesn't specifically tell you to amend (for example, math error corrections or request for additional forms). Just follow the instructions in the notification
  • You entered the wrong bank account to get your refund
  • You received Forms 1095-B or 1095-C and the info matches what you reported on your return
  • You want to make changes to the amount you claimed for Advanced Child Tax Credits. The IRS will internally adjust your refund
  • You want to make changes to the amount you claimed for the Recovery Rebate Credit. The IRS will internally adjust your refund if you claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit but didn’t qualify or overestimated the amount you should have received. If a correction is needed, the IRS will calculate the correct amount of the 2020 or 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit, make the correction to the tax return, and continue processing it. There’s no need at this point to amend your return, unless you didn’t claim the Rebate Recovery Credit at all, and were entitled to claim it

Amend if you already mailed your return (or the government accepted your e-file) and:

• You need to report a tax form you forgot about or received after filing (most commonly a W-2, 1099, or 1095-A)
  • You received a corrected tax form after filing (the corrected box is checked) and the new info changes your refund or tax due amount
  • You forgot to report income or claim dependents, deductions, or credits
  • You accidentally claimed dependents, deductions, or credits you're not eligible for
  • You made an error that affects your bottom line, such as reporting income or deductions in 2022 that should've been claimed in a prior tax year (in that case, you'll need to amend all affected tax years)
  • You need to change your filing status (for example, you want to change from Single to Head of Household)
  • We instructed you to amend because of a program error (uncommon)

Click here for "Should I File an Amended Return? And click on Begin.

Click here for an article by TurboTax on "Do I need to Amend?"

Click here for information on if you need to amend your tax return.

Click here for detailed information on "How to File an Amended Return with the IRS."

Click here for a TurboTax video on "How to amend your tax return".

maxng

no i am taking them into the IRS tomorrow and they need to be complete.

maxng

yes, i still have a question.

@maxng   What do you need?  You have added on to a year old post.  

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

Please clarify your question and provide additional information so we can help you.

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies