turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am about to buy the download version of Home & Small Biz Advantage for the Mac but then...

I read in the TOS at the bottom it says not covered in Advantage are 1099-NEC and some other things I probably use. Maybe it is referring to something else? Wouldn't that be covered in Advantage of the home business portion since it is part of the home business? Can you help me decide if I need this?

I have a content creator business with multiple sources of income. Some are using 1099s and some just force me to figure it out myself. Some are direct sales through places like PayPal and Venmo. I do not have any W2 income. I am also thinking about renting a room out in my home so I also want to work out scenarios to see if it is worth it and will file it accordingly next year. I also have some very small investments (hundreds, not thousands) and I'm thinking about doing my own 401K or IRA at some point if it is worth it. I'm using the software for planning and filing.

I do not like the online version because I can't work out scenarios so I can plan what I need. Can I do this with the downloaded version of small & home business for the Mac? Please understand that I cannot afford $1000+ for someone to plan it for me. I can barely afford the cost of the software. And please understand my situation. I don't have a choice of a W2 job right now so telling me to go get a job isn't going to help either.

Does the cost of the software include filing for small business with everything I stated or will there be extra to pay this year when I file because of the 1099-NEC and other forms and next year when filing time comes since I have 1099s? If so, is there an estimate of how much I will have to pay? And if it is a ridiculous amount of money because (oh she must be rich because she has a home business), am I able to print out the forms and send them in since I'll probably owe anyway so I'm not in a hurry to get a refund?

Taxes are so frustrating and annoying.

Thank you 🙂

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

I am about to buy the download version of Home & Small Biz Advantage for the Mac but then...

The software doesn't cover creating 1099s for others and sending them out.  That is an extra feature.  It does cover entering the 1099s that you have received for your business as well as provide you the ability to enter a bunch of fictional numbers and see how they would effect your taxes.

The only thing that would be extra would be state e-filing.

@taxesarehellohowareyou 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you. I'll hold you to that lol. Seriously, thanks for the answer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies