Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My personal pension and 1099-INT/DIV history pulled into Business tab vs. Personal tab - is that OK?

I opted to buy the 2022 download of Self-employed (because I have a little Side Gig); I used the online version of Self-employed for 2021.  TT found my 2021 file and it uploaded it.  However, everything from last year is listed under the Business tab and not the Personal tab.  Is it OK if I say yes to keeping it, and fill in the info for this year during the Question/Answer session?  The only 'business' expense will be in Schedule C.  ** Hoping someone has experienced this and can tell me if I can continue as Turbo Tax interpreted it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

My personal pension and 1099-INT/DIV history pulled into Business tab vs. Personal tab - is that OK?

Yes, other than yearly carryovers the posting of last year's information is to give you a head start on entering some of the data for Personal Information. 1099's. W-2's and other form details.

However, I will caution you to clear the extraneous information from the Self-employment section.  It potentially could cause errors during the Review.

If this does not completely answer your question, please contact us again and provide some additional details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for feedback.  It doesn't appear that my attachment/screen print made it in the Q.  All the data that it pulled is valid and I will have new numbers for 2023.  

**I decided to go through Turbo Tax to see what would happen.  On the next screen, it showed only business items then it moved to the personal tab where my pension history, etc. was.   I was confused seeing everything under the Business tab but it was just a summary.    Nothing to worry about when it first seems that personal history is in business!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies