Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

avh082085

How can I tell if I am putting in the correct information for self employment (reseller) if I never received a 1099 form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How can I tell if I am putting in the correct information for self employment (reseller) if I never received a 1099 form?

For what?  Your income?  You need to be keeping your own records.  You may get a 1099NEC or 1099K at the end of the year if someone pays you more than $600 but you need to report all your income no matter how small.  You might want to use Quicken or QuickBooks to keep track of your income and expenses.

You can fill out Schedule C and enter Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to Premium version. Or buy any of the Desktop programs. All the Desktop programs have all the same forms, but you will get the most help in the Home & Business version.

How to enter income from Self Employment
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/self-employed/help/how-do-i-report-income-from-self-employment/00/...

You enter it as Other self employment income or as Cash or General income. You don't need to get a 1099NEC or 1099K. Even if you did you can enter all your income as Cash. Only the total goes to schedule C.

For Schedule C,  Use your own info. The people or company that pays you is your customer or client. You need to fill out schedule C for self employment business income. You are considered to have your own business for it. YOU are the business.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies