Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Home Service Career

If I were to leave my current job and provide a home service (like interior design), how much would I have to earn before being taxed? What would be the percentage owed?

1 Reply
Level 15

Home Service Career

If you begin working from home you will be self-employed and pay self-employment tax on your earnings over $400.   You have to pay for Social Security and Medicare yourself when you are an independent contractor.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Privacy Settings