Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Expenses Question for Niche Dog Training Business

• I am a holistic dog trainer and nutritionist which means I not only support dogs and their humans as a traditional dog trainer but I also offer board & train, meal formulation, meal preparation, nutrition and supplement consulting and a variety of other pet care service from a natural and healing perspective. Since I often purchase meal ingredients, supplements and herbs from markets and online retailers I am wondering how I am to categorize them. I also purchase odd items such as filters for the dogs water since our city water is treated and often has chlorine and wonder the proper categories to expense them. The dogs I work with all eat either raw or home prepared meals so it’s as if I’m a chef or caterer but for dogs. Wondering how I should be going about expensing and categorizing. 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Deduct as supplies on Sch C. 

I would enter all that as Supplies.   I assume you are filling out Schedule C for self employment?  

You can enter Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Premium version. Or use any of the Desktop CD/Download programs. You will get the most help in the Home & Business version.

You might want to use Quicken or QuickBooks to keep tract of your income and expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies