Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DO NOT GET LIVE HELP, they are so not experts/ where do I put my employee that I pd info/how to cancel expert

Question 1- Under self employment income and taxes there is employee wages and credits. it states -

Enter the employee wages you paidThese are the wages you paid employees (W-2) throughout the year. Do not include payments to independent contractors. How do I prepare W-2s?

The total amount you enter for all W-2s must match Box 1 on your Form W-3 for 2021.
My issue is (an maybe I am over thinking it) is it says do not include independent contractors. Well thats what 1099 employees are as far as I know. But yet if you click on the "how to prepare" you get this- 

You can fill out W-2s and 1099s (including 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC forms) online by going to Quick Employer Forms from TurboTax.

So Do you enter 1099 here? or not??? Im confused. I tried to ask 2 of the so called "experts" the first was having problems with basic english and told me to take a pic of the 1099. Yeah...not even close to my question the other was just rude and hung up on chat. Which brings me to my next question. 
2. How do I downgrade my product? If I am asking the community then there is no point in the upgrade. Not paying $199 for "experts" if they are not. 

Which bring me to a suggestion of DO NOT PAY for this!!! The expert is not. 
Thank you in advance. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

DO NOT GET LIVE HELP, they are so not experts/ where do I put my employee that I pd info/how to cancel expert

You only enter you W-2 info in that section. There is another section that you can enter Contract Labor under Business Expenses / Contract Labor

Contract Labor

If you paid an independent contractor or freelancer $600 or more for services on a project and did not withhold any type of taxes, you are required to send that contractor, and the IRS, a Form 1099-NEC.

Examples include:
- Fees paid to sub- and independent contractors
- Fees paid for additional project support
- Fees paid for creative resources
- Fees paid for outside research, data collection

More examples:
- Part-time programmers and coders for special projects
- Subcontractors such as writers, designers, engineers hired for a project
- Additional administrative, data entry support
- Real estate processors
- Stage personnel, audio and sound technicians, choreographers
- Seasonal workers, if paid as independent contractors
- Fees paid for outsourcing specific project work

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies