turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Copy of 2015 Tax Return

How to I go about paying you to get a copy of my 2015 tax return.  I need them ASAP for my attorney.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Copy of 2015 Tax Return

If you used Turbotax Online version you will log in at  https://myturbotax.intuit.com/.  Start your return for the current year you will be asked if you want to upgrade to plus. If you are not asked if you want to upgrade, start the return by selecting take me to my return. Next select upgrade, if the plus button is greyed out you already have it, if not select it. You will want to fill out my info section of the return. Next click on Tax tools on the left-hand side, then print center. It will give you two options, one is to print previous years you do not want this, not yet.  Select the first option at the top, print, save or preview this year's return. When you select this year it will then open up a screen to pay for the product, it reads pay now or later, pay now. Once you have paid you are not done, do not skip this step. Register the product then select continue. After this, you are ready to go to previous years return, select tax home, than previous years taxes.  I hope this helps. 

tamyt143

Copy of 2015 Tax Return

What if all you need is a copy of your return for your CPA and your not using turbo tax services for this year ? Youre saying I still need pay for the PLUS if I'm not even filing my taxes?

Copy of 2015 Tax Return

@ tamyt143 wrote:

What if all you need is a copy of your return for your CPA and your not using turbo tax services for this year ? Youre saying I still need pay for the PLUS if I'm not even filing my taxes?

Yes, if access to the prior return is locked, and it asks you to pay, then to unlock a prior return you'll need to pay for PLUS (19.99), but you won't have to actually prepare a 2018 return.  If you are not using TurboTax for  your 2018 return, then you will need to start a temporary return in Free Edition just long enough to enter some info in "My Info", then upgrade to PLUS and pay.  I'll tell you all the steps below.

Or you can get a free prior tax return transcript from the IRS website.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Before upgrading and paying make sure you have located the prior-year return, and that you start your 2018 Free Edition return in the SAME account.  You only have to START the 2018 Free Edition return, upgrade, and pay.  You do NOT have to actually prepare the 2018 return.

• If you haven't already started one, then start a 2018 Free Edition return in the SAME account as the locked prior return. 
  • After some preliminary screens, you'll arrive at the MY INFO section.
  • See if there is an Upgrade link in the left menu column.   If not, you'll need to enter some info into the MY INFO screens until you see an Upgrade link either appear in the left menu column or at the end of the MY INFO section.
  • Then click on Upgrade and choose PLUS.   Do NOT upgrade any beyond PLUS, or you'll have problems.
  • Once you are in PLUS, then you need to pay.
  • In the left menu column click on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • At the Print Center choose to "Print, save, view THIS  YEAR's return."   (Yes, you say "this year's" because you are paying for the 2018 return to unlock the prior return.)   You don't actually have to print it.
  • It will ask you to pay.  If the Order Summary appears OK, then choose PAY NOW.
  • You can pay by credit card or debit card (even though it only says "credit.")

NOTE:  If it should offer you the choice of paying later out of the Federal refund, that cannot be done for this purpose.  You have to choose PAY NOW.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

Copy of 2015 Tax Return

i dont have same name 

Copy of 2015 Tax Return

@anafranks13 wrote:

i dont have same name 

I don't know what that means in relation to this thread.  You didn't explain anything about your issue.   What kind of name--the name on the return?   Or a different user ID on an account that you can't find, etc.?      This thread is for getting a copy of a 2015 tax return.   If that's what you want, then what and where is the roadblock?

What product are you using (or used) for your 2018 return?  If Online TurboTax what edition--Free, or a paid edition?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies