Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you Issue a 1099nec from 2023 TurboTax premium

I have a furnace installation and a knockdown of a popcorn ceiling that cost me way over the $600 limit where the IRS requires me to issue a 1099nec to the contractor. During the interview questions on income in the rental and royalty section they ask if you have any payments made to contractors over $600 and I indicated yes it asked if I have given thethe 1099nec out yet, The choice is either yes or no but I'm going to.  If you answer no they indicate that they will assist, they state they will help with that but nowhere in the FAQ or searching through do I find any more info.  Even the leading questionnaire before you start the income section goes away after you review it the first time... so that you don't have to see it every time you return to income.  After 2:45 minute calls to TurboTax I was told that the system is incapable of producing this form I found that surprising since my 20 page federal return expands to 81 pages when I had the rental income section schedule e.  What am I missing here do the rest of you swap w-9s for 1099 Hennessy when the work is done in January and then how do you get the final copy to the IRS if TurboTax does not allow you to upload it to the electronic file.. appreciate any help I can get on this it's April 5th!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Can you Issue a 1099nec from 2023 TurboTax premium

You can issue the 1099-NEC using Intuit Quick Employer Forms. It will do a step by step guide just like using TurboTax. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies