Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Already Paid Quarterly Taxes for 2023, How to account for that in 2024 Taxes

I reported my income (Invoices) 07/27/2023 - 12/31/2023 to my CPA. My CPA asked for my expenses, which I provided. In mid January of 2024 my CPA told me to pay $3500 to Federal and $500 to State which I did in mid January of 2024. I received this income until 03/17/2024. How do I account for all of this properly (Pay my quarterly Taxes by April 15,2024) as well as my 2023 (To include my W-2) jobs for 2023, by April 15, 2024 as well, using Intuit Turbotax Home & Business 2023?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Already Paid Quarterly Taxes for 2023, How to account for that in 2024 Taxes

So you need to enter the 2023 4th quarter estimated payments you made in January 2024?

To enter Federal or State Estimated Taxes Paid, including a state estimated payment made in January for the prior year, go to

Personal (for Home & Business)

Deductions and Credits

Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

Estimated - click the Start or Update button

You need to fill out your whole 2023 return.  I have the Home & Business version too.  Did your CPA do your 2023 tax return?  Or are you filing it yourself?  I assume you are self employed and not a Single Member LLC-S corp or another kind of business?  

You need to fill out schedule C for your business.  Did the CPA give you a Schedule C to enter into your tax return?  You enter it under the Business tab.  

Then Business Income and Expenses

Profit or Loss from Business, click Start or Update.

You use your own name, address and ssn or business name and EIN if you have one. You should say you use the Cash Accounting Method and all income is At Risk.

Then you need to enter your W2s and other income like interest and dividends under Personal

That will get you started filing 2023.  If you get stuck post back.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies