turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099M

I issued a 1099M on income I write off by IRS special code. how do I enter that into my return or do I just write it off in the total expense amount write-off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

1099M

What?  Do you mean a 1099Misc ?  One you got or one you gave to someone you paid?   What did you pay them for?  As an expense for a self employment business?

what is IRS special code?

1099M

I issued the 1099M to a caregiver working by contract for me for a client that  I received payment on a Medicaid Waiver for living in my home. The caregiver worked for me and I issued the 1099M

1099M

further explanation: I received a 1099M from a LLC Medicaid contract payer on the Medicaid DD Waiver program. The full 1099M amount is declared un-taxable to me by the IRS Difficulty of care code.

Im asking about the amount I paid the caregiver on the 1099m I issued to them...since I'm already able to write the amount off, do I need to list it on my return as income paid on a 1099.  I usually list the full amount on Schedule C under other expenses and deduct it off with the IRS Code explanation. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies