Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-MISC: I don't have an EIN or SSN to enter for my "payer." There are multiple payers and I don't have their SSNs. What do I do now?

I didn't get any 1099 MISC forms but TurboTax is making me fill this out as if I did.  This side income is equivalent to babysitting.  How do I skip this EIN/SSN step and just enter my income.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

1099-MISC: I don't have an EIN or SSN to enter for my "payer." There are multiple payers and I don't have their SSNs. What do I do now?

I would just enter it as Other self employment income or as Cash or General income.  You don't need to get a 1099NEC or 1099Misc or 1099K.  Even if you did you can enter all your income as Cash.  Only the total goes to schedule C.

How to enter income from Self Employment

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/self-employed/help/how-do-i-report-income-from-self-employment/00/...

You can enter Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe or Premier but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Self Employed version or use any of the Desktop CD/Download programs.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Entering income on desktop and online for your business vary a little. In the online version, you will see cash under Other Self Employment Income. On the desktop, it is under General Income.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies