Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pa00761

Your system is saying I should have taken an RMD on my pension/retirement accounts....which is not true. You need to correct this or I cannot continue with your firm.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Your system is saying I should have taken an RMD on my pension/retirement accounts....which is not true. You need to correct this or I cannot continue with your firm.

Monthly pension payments are an RMD. That is the way you answer the question regarding whether it is an RMD or not.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Monthly pension payments are an RMD. That is the way you answer the question regarding whether it is an RMD or not.

dmertz
Level 15

Under the law, pensions are subject to the same minimum distribution requirements as other qualified retirement plans.  Your pension is structured such that you regular pension payments meet the RMD requirements and the entire pension payment is considered to be RMD.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies