Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I entered all my income values, yet the summary screen at the end of income shows "taxable pensions" grossly too large. Is this a bug, or may I safely ignore it?

The "taxable pensions" figure should be in 5 digits, yet the summary screen shows it as 8 digits.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmandaR1

I entered all my income values, yet the summary screen at the end of income shows "taxable pensions" grossly too large. Is this a bug, or may I safely ignore it?

Starting over can sometimes be easier than finding the entry. I'm glad you figured it out! Just closing your question out. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AmandaR1

The summary screen can show the total amounts entered for a section regardless of taxability. Is the number the sum of your pensions? Otherwise, you should definitely double check your entries, if you haven't.

Yes, double-checking is prudent. However, the sum of all my pension entries is 5 digits, and the summary screen shows 8 digits (to the left of the decimal point). BTW, the three pension entries are all taxable.
AmandaR1

Got it. I would recommend reviewing all entries, sounds like a decimal may not have been entered.

After several reviews I just blew away the 2017 return files and started over - success! I got all the income shown properly, so that's enough for tonight.
AmandaR1

Starting over can sometimes be easier than finding the entry. I'm glad you figured it out! Just closing your question out. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies