Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skrmpy12

Why would I want to share my data with intuit? What is the benefits of letting turbotax use my tax info for improved experience? advice is it worth it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why would I want to share my data with intuit? What is the benefits of letting turbotax use my tax info for improved experience? advice is it worth it?

Say no and see what happens.

As far as I know, this mainly is required so that turbotax can offer you the refund transfer option (pay your fees from your refund for an extra service fee), refund advance (get part of your refund in 3 days on a debit card) and probably to offer you the option of a tax-deductible IRA to save money if are are eligible and don't already have one.    It might also be required for certain kinds of customer support help, although if you end up needing that kind of help, you can change your permissions at that time.  

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

As Opus 17 mentioned,  you can change your permissions at any time.   We cannot use your tax return information for purposes other than the preparation and filing of your tax return without your consent. You are not required to complete this form to engage our tax return preparation services.  

@skrmpy12 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies