Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Retirement tax questions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question

Featured Topics

My siblings and I inherited a traditional IRA account from our deceased brother. He funded the IRA with after-tax money in 2008. Unfortunately, the executor shredded all but the last 3 years of my brother's tax returns, so we do not have any forms 86... read more
glerbnik84 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post yesterday by glerbnik84
I earned a bonus in 2021 payable over 3 years. I retired in 2022. My recent bonus payout calculated the Social Security deduction at 12.4%. The bonus was earned while I was employed and paid while I am retired. Should I pay the 6.2% employee deductio... read more
heskm ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by heskm
My return was accepted on 1/29 and the IRS transferred me to the tax advocate who keeps hanging up. Principals only solution was a records release to share my tax information to the IRS, which is not very helpful.
mywedding55 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Friday by mywedding55
I am the ex spouse. Our divorce decree commands a portion of my ex wife's retirement be allotted to me. She has paid me by personal check for the past 20 years and I was told by a bankruptcy account after furnishing her with the military retirement i... read more
MichaelEgan007 ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by MichaelEgan007
I took a distribution from an inherited IRA. Is my entire distribution taxable? Or do I need to know what the cost basis of each of the stocks I sold to take the distribution and record the difference between the two as income?
Phillip6000 ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by Opus 17
I am having a dilemma with the PSO insurance premiums. The pension administrator paid for my medical health insurance. I also pay for additional medical insurance (cancer and heart policies) plus long-term care insurance. For example, I received a le... read more
jwillin ‎Posted February 7, 2024 | Latest post Friday by DoninGA
Phillip6000 ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by rjs
IRS says total pension entered on Line 5a. Deduct the health insurance premiums and enter into Line 5b. Is there any way to write or denote "PSO" next to 5b as IRS instructs?
rkeeton88 ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by VolvoGirl
Hi I'm thinking about taking money out of my 401k to start paying off my mortgage. I'm 62 yrs and I want to know what would be the tax consequences, In turbo tax, I calculate my tax liability for $100K would be 25K, Are there any other taxes and or p... read more
EliasRizkallah ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by Opus 17
I work as a therapist and am self-employed how do I file taxes now so it does not come out to too much at the end of the year
janinemabel ‎Posted Friday | Latest post Friday by VolvoGirl
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies