bmmnam19

Why is Pension and Annuity Income Exclusion only showing $20000 for myself and wife on NYS return.?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

SandraM

The pension and annuity income exclusion has a $20,000 limit.  If you both qualify, you and your spouse can each subtract up to $20,000 of your own pension and annuity income. However, you cannot claim any unused part of your spouse’s exclusion.

SandraM

bmmnam19

Thanks for your quick response! Yes, I am aware of that each of us can subtract $20,000, however, the NYS return is not showing the $40,000 that we both are entitled to deduct (they are only showing $20,000).

SandraM

Are you both over age 59 1/2?
bmmnam19

Yes
bmmnam19

My mistake! I failed to choose "none of the above" where the ? was Where is this distribution from?
Thanks,
SandraM

Oh, so glad you discovered the error!  Have a wonderful rest of your day!