jamie-pair

Why is my rollover showing as income?

Texas Roger

Why is my rollover showing as income?

It may show on a summary screen as gross income. To verify that it is not being entered as taxable income on your tax return, look at lines 15b or 16b on form 1040 or line 11b or 12b on form 1040A. The gross amount should be shown in the "a" boxes and no amount should be shown in the "b" boxes. The word rollover should be entered somewhere on the line.

You can preview your 1040 by clicking on My Account then Tools then View Tax Summary then Preview My 1040.

Texas Roger

Why is my rollover showing as income?

jamie-pair

Why is my rollover showing as income?

The word rollover is there, but in 16b there is an amount showing in the b box.
Texas Roger

Why is my rollover showing as income?

Should any of the gross amount in the a box be taxable? For example did you withhold federal taxes from the distribution and only roll over the net amount? If so, the amount withheld for taxes would be taxable.