Solved: Why doesn't the income value (box 7) in 1040-A match the W-2 income value that I provided?

GabrielZ

Why doesn't the income value (box 7) in 1040-A match the W-2 income value that I provided?

When reviewing 1040-A, I found a $600 difference, as well as a "SCH 600" note in the line of Box 7. I have only one W-2 income and have double checked the input of my income value. I will appreciate any input. Thanks!

Rainman12

SCH = Scholarship income. Your 1098-T had more in scholarship income than you had in qualified expenses (tuition).

Rainman12

GabrielZ

Just confirmed it. Thanks a lot!