turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

taxseasonagainn
Returning Member

Why does TurboTax Investment Income section ask for adjustment amount when I don't see one from my 1099-B?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Why does TurboTax Investment Income section ask for adjustment amount when I don't see one from my 1099-B?

On your IRS form 1099-B, is the cost basis missing, incorrect or need to be adjusted?  Are sales expenses missing that need to be reported?

Are you seeing this screen?

It is not uncommon that the cost basis reported by your broker needs to be adjusted, especially is the investment was purchased by another broker and the investment transferred to a second broker's account.

Maintain a record of any changes made with your tax information should a tax authority have a question at a later time.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
taxseasonagainn
Returning Member

Thanks for the reply. No pop ups like what you showed. All cost basis were accurate and recorded. All the numbers are there.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

If your IRS form 1099-B entry does not require an adjustment, you are not required to enter an adjustment.

Are you seeing this statement in a Review error message?  Or somewhere else?  Please clarify.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies