turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

truman

Why does 8606 form not appear after insert my total basis amount? i do not have 2017 non taxable contributions but i want to file 8606 for my wife & me

very frustrated the system defaults to say i have no tax deductions for 2017 ..no joke i only want to file form 8606 each year for my wife and i for total basis from years ago
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why does 8606 form not appear after insert my total basis amount? i do not have 2017 non taxable contributions but i want to file 8606 for my wife & me

If you both have a basis, your tax return will include a form 8606 for whoever had activity. If either of you didn't do anything this year, no Form 8606 for you. Keep each person's prior years basis amount with your important tax documents.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you both have a basis, your tax return will include a form 8606 for whoever had activity. If either of you didn't do anything this year, no Form 8606 for you. Keep each person's prior years basis amount with your important tax documents.

[Duplicate post]
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies