Solved: Where do I post a $2,000.00 rollover contribution? for 2017 I contributed $2,500 AND did a rollover contribution of $2,000 (e.g., put back $2,000 I took earlier in year)

mviebrock

Where do I post a $2,000.00 rollover contribution? for 2017 I contributed $2,500 AND did a rollover contribution of $2,000 (e.g., put back $2,000 I took earlier in year)

IsabellaG

You should have received a 1099-R for the $2000.00. When you enter that into TurboTax, the questions that follow will ask what you did with the money, and you can report that you rolled it over. 

If a distribution from an IRA or a retirement plan is paid directly to you, you can deposit all or a portion of it in an IRA or a retirement plan within 60 days. Taxes will be withheld from a distribution from a retirement plan (see below), so you’ll have to use other funds to roll over the full amount of the distribution.

You generally cannot make more than one rollover from the same IRA within a 1-year period. You also cannot make a rollover during this 1-year period from the IRA to which the distribution was rolled over.

IsabellaG

mviebrock

Thank you, Isabella! I "zoned out" and hit "cashed it" right away . . . :(    "my bad!"
IsabellaG

That's understandable!