Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Retirement tax questions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question

Featured Topics

Im receiving a lump sum payout from divorce, not designated as spousal support or alimony; just a lump sum payment to settle. What forms do I need to claim on my taxes?
user186547 ‎Posted 5 hours ago
I turned 59 1/2 during 2023. Turbo Tax says that it will take care of this but does not
quinlivan1240 ‎Posted yesterday
I would think that normally the W2 would have a blank box 1 and I am not sure why on a non-taxable benefit, SS and medicare taxes would be taken out (based on $5K and not the entire $50K) unless this portion of the payments was considered taxable. No... read more
McKenna3435 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post yesterday by jmeyer6373
I'm 65, retired, and inherited a traditional IRA. I'm an "eligible designated beneficiary," and so can take distributions within a 10-year period, or over my expected lifetime. I am inclined to take the distributions over my expected lifetime, but po... read more
glerbnik84 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by fanfare
Hello, In April 2024 my wife filed an application for Social security benefits (she will be 70), which she supposed to receive in July 2024. Because of this, she was automatically and retroactively enrolled in Medicare part A. She is still working an... read more
Boomhauser ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Thursday by dmertz
I made an early withdrawal on my 401(k) in 2023 which produced a 1099-R. I uploaded this to TurboTax and answered all of the questions. I know that I am subject to the 10% tax penalty for an early distribution and I do not qualify for any exceptions,... read more
tklein1668 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Thursday by dmertz
sm_shinde ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post Thursday by Opus 17
I was given a CSA 1099R - age over 65:1. $10,9862a. unknown5. $14077. 3 disability9b $3905 What should be placed in 2a for taxable amount
tlyn4 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Thursday by taxlady28
I need to take money out of my IRA but because I'm younger than 59.5 it will have the 10% penalty on it. The withdrawal calculator asks how much you would like to receive in your account and then has areas where you can fill in the tax percentages fo... read more
arlia673 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by VolvoGirl
I made a last-minute contribution to my Roth IRA on April 15 this year after discovering that I was eligible for a match. I had already filed my federal return months prior. Cut to today: I realized I was over the income limit to contribute directly ... read more
PAccisano ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Wednesday by PAccisano
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies