Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

11fox

When TurboTax was coming to a conclusion some how you gave me an income of $73,896 and I am a widow on SS and a pension that is $14,549 or $1,212.42 a month?

What details would you like?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

When TurboTax was coming to a conclusion some how you gave me an income of $73,896 and I am a widow on SS and a pension that is $14,549 or $1,212.42 a month?

Be sure you didn't make a data entry mistake, such as comma v. a decimal, when you entered the SSA-1099 and 1099-R forms.

I also note that you are using TT Premier.  That is a high level program, and used  for those that have forms such as 1099-B, K-1; or rental income. Do you have any of those?

11fox

Yes, I am a member of a stock club and each member receives a K-1 at the end of the year.  The IRS views the stock club as a partnership.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

On the partnership K-1, what numbers are reported in boxes 1 through 11?  And boxes 12 through 20?  Please clarify.

If the income of $73,896 is correct, as much as 85% of the Social Security is likely considered taxable income.  See this IRS FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies