edtse2016

When I enter the info for my 1099-G, it does not ask me for my federal and state withholdings

Patrice

1. Open your tax return in TurboTax online.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, see your Tax Timeline, and click, ‘Take me to my return.’)
  2. Using the Search feature in the upper right corner of the screen, enter 'unemployment compensation' and perform the search. Then click on the “Jump to” link, which is the first item in the search results.
  3. On the Unemployment (and Paid Family Leave) screen, answer Yes and click Continue.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your 1099-G information
  5. On the "What's the total amount you received on your 1099-G" screen check the box "Federal or state tax was withheld on this payment" (see screenshot below) click Continue
  6. On the next screen you will be able to enter your Federal and State Income Tax Withheld

Patrice