Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mick
Level 3

My turbo tax return can't pass final review, Check This Entry Forms W-2 & W-2G Summary: Elective deferrals - $21602. is more than the allowed $18500 for a 401k plans.

Well. So far it will not allow you to eFile Fed or State without passing the final check.

If “the work around” to this bug is that I have to manually file, I’ll demand a refund of $24.99 for the fee that they already billed me to eFile the State, as no services has been rendered. Second, I’ll demand a refund on the original cost because the product is defective and did not perform as advertised. That I will go through my credit provider for.

I’m still looking for a definitive answer to understand if they are going to fix this problem...... I’m hoping that they fix this, so I don’t have to do either. I have been a loyal repeat customer for probably 15 years

My turbo tax return can't pass final review, Check This Entry Forms W-2 & W-2G Summary: Elective deferrals - $21602. is more than the allowed $18500 for a 401k plans.

This problem has been around several years, it’s shame TT does not fix this bug...
vedaram

@TurboTaxRachelW Will Turbo Tax be working on fixing the bug through the weekend? Paper file is a huge hassle, and has implications for state, too. If Federal is Paper filed, State cannot be E-Filed. Everything has to be Paper filed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the online version of Turbo Tax and hitting this issue as well right now at the end of the day on 4/5/2019. Wondering if the fix has been released or will be released?
vedaram

@jasonkillian35 supposedly the fix has been released- which really, there is no fix and we have to paper file. See here: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4698409-excess-401-k-contribution-preventing-e-file">https://ttlc....>
mick
Level 3

My turbo tax return can't pass final review, Check This Entry Forms W-2 &amp; W-2G Summary: Elective deferrals - $21602. is more than the allowed $18500 for a 401k plans.

That is not an acceptable answer. This is a serious software defect. I was offered and paid for the ability to eFile. They have not fulfilled their part of the contract, regardless of their license, etc.

Again, this is a serious software defect.
foobar

My turbo tax return can't pass final review, Check This Entry Forms W-2 &amp; W-2G Summary: Elective deferrals - $21602. is more than the allowed $18500 for a 401k plans.

I can confirm that the problem has not been fixed for me. I got the response "While the interview has been significantly improved, customers seeing this error will need to paper-file." What is "the interview"?  Why dod we need to paper file?
foobar

Can anyone else confirm that this hasn't been fixed?
john-mu

I still have this problem!

If this problem is not fixed by 4/8, I will NEVER buy TT again (despite using it for over 2 decades), and then I will share this experience with everyone I know.  They promised a fix by 4/5, today is 4/7, and any software engineer could easily fix this simple BUG in a few minutes.
whysman

This affects me as well.  Get off your asses and fix this

I'm in the same boat too.  Frustrated because I CANNOT file my taxes as I'm awaiting this fix!
mick
Level 3

I have a few of questions for Intuit:

1.) Will this software defect be fixed before April 15?
2.) If so, when?
3.) If not, will it be fixed after April 15?
4.) If so, when?

My thinking is that my taxes owed to Fed, California and Massachusetts will not change, so why not file an extension?

I just need to know?
lp150189

trying to get a refund for my turbotax. will never buy TurboTax again. You have one god damn job which is getting people taxes right and you can't do it.
Super unprofessional and super unacceptable
john-mu

Can someone from TurboTax provide some update to confirm or deny there will be a fix? Pretty please!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies