Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax is reading Box 12b D and requiring me to enter 1099 info. This is a loan and NOT a withdrawal. How can I proceed w/ filing if I do not need a 1099?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax is reading Box 12b D and requiring me to enter 1099 info. This is a loan and NOT a withdrawal. How can I proceed w/ filing if I do not need a 1099?

Code D has nothing to do with 401k loans. Do not enter anything about your 401k loan on your tax return

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Code D has nothing to do with 401k loans. Do not enter anything about your 401k loan on your tax return

I thought so, but then why is it listed on my W2?

More info: It's a 401k deferral (I missed two loan payments when they weren't being pulled from my checks when I was on maternity leave. My benefits dept states that the loan is not being taxed until June 2018 so no 1099 is needed. In addition, it's a 401k loan and not a withdrawal so even more reason why a 1099 is not needed.

So...why is it listed on my W2, then? I'm trying to file online via Turbo but since Turbo is reading that box, it's making me enter 1099 information and I can't proceed without it. Will I need an amended W2?

Frustrating!

You don't even have to enter Code D and the amount. clear those fields.

BUT, I suspect something else is going on to cause your problem.

I've been trying but it's not letting me :(

to clear a field, select it and hit BACKSPACE, ENTER

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies