Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax had a refund of $4 dollars before I filled out the information about IRAs. I entered IRA information, then deleted it and now TurboTax claims I owe $259.

I had contributed to my Roth IRA and my wife's IRA, but because we exceeded the amounts I reached to my financial institution to withdraw the contributions and earnings for 2020. I have tried several times to zero, clear all the information about the IRAs or try to enter as a I will withdraw the excess contribution but the amount TurboTax calculates I owe is $259 when right before starting the IRA section it said I would get a $4 refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

TurboTax had a refund of $4 dollars before I filled out the information about IRAs. I entered IRA information, then deleted it and now TurboTax claims I owe $259.

Go to the IRA contribution interview and uncheck any box, then press "continue" to delete the entries.

If there is a 5329 form then delete that .

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-view-and-delete-forms-in-turbotax-online/0...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks for the tip. I have a form 5329-S and a 5329-T. I have tried deleting both forms, and the 5329-S even after trying to delete it three times, it stays there. I go through the confirmation and click on "Delete Selected Form" and then get a "Form Successfully Deleted" message, but the form sticks around.

Even if I try to do a Review after the deletion, if I go back to Tax Tools the 5329-S form is still there. I think there is something in the "database" that has gotten corrupted.

I would hate to have to start from scratch the return, which I have had to do in the past due to bugs in TurboTax Online and I really do not want to do it again.

The -T is for "Taxpayer" the first listed taxpayer on the return, the -S is for the "Spouse", the 2nd listed taxpayer.  They are separate for each spouse.    If you have both then there is another reason for it.   You cannot delete the form until yiu correct the reason.     Print all forms and worksheet to view the form and see with line it is on - the 5329 is used for many reasons other then IRA's.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

To be able to see al the forms looks like I have to pay first. And given that I'm not happy with how Turbotax has worked for me this year, I'm not ready to pay until I'm happy with it.

Is this something I would have to contact support to help me resolve it? I tried the other day, but their hours of operation are pretty limited.

Or any other suggestions?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies