Solved: Turbo Tax is saying I put too much in my Roth 401K. How can I fix this?

howardmartin10

Turbo Tax is saying I put too much in my Roth 401K. How can I fix this?

dmertz

Roth 401(k) contributions are reported with code AA in box 12 of your W-2; make sure that you've entered it correctly.  If the total of the amounts shown with codes D, E, F, H, S, AA, and BB in box 12 of all of your 2018 Forms W-2 exceeds $18,500, plus an additional $6,000 if you were age 50 or older in 2018, you need to contact your employer to have the excess corrected by distributing it to you by April 15, 2019.

[Edited 4/6/2019 to remove codes G and EE from the list of contributions to be totaled since 457(b) plans have a separate limit.]

dmertz