Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The SEP IRA limit for 2017 is $54,000, but TurboTax is telling me that the limit is $53,000. Is this just a bug in the current update?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

The SEP IRA limit for 2017 is $54,000, but TurboTax is telling me that the limit is $53,000. Is this just a bug in the current update?

Yes, this is the result of calculations on lines 1 and 2 of Part V of the Keogh, SEP and SIMPLE Contributions Worksheet that have not yet been updated for 2017.  This has been reported and a fix is apparently in work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The annual   limit and the amount you are allowed to contribute may be different  due to the income you are reporting.

To see if that is true, I tried increasing my Schedule C income up to $1,000,000 just for fun.   It still claims that $53,000 is the maximum.
dmertz
Level 15

Yes, this is the result of calculations on lines 1 and 2 of Part V of the Keogh, SEP and SIMPLE Contributions Worksheet that have not yet been updated for 2017.  This has been reported and a fix is apparently in work.

dmertz
Level 15

Today's release (R7) corrects the problem.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies