Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

H2G
Level 2

TDA import registers fees as option sales - how do we correct this?

I imported my TDA transactions. A lot of my options transactions had to be reviewed. I was able to review all of them except the ones related to my  "SLV - ISHARES SILVER TRUST ISHARES ETF".  

On my 1099-B these are entered under the "RECONCILIATIONS, FEES, EXPENSES AND EXPENDITURES" section for a total of $11.14. These are spread out over a period of 7 months with a monthly fee of about ~1.5 per month.

However TT has these transactions imported into the options sections and has flagged each of these seven transactions for review.  It does not give me an option to delete this and I don't know how to update these. What should I be doing to clear this up? I don't want to manually enter TDA transactions as I have a lot of them and that would be very time consuming. The amount is small enough that I don't care for accurate treatment, it can be in favor of the IRS. 

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Your monthly fee for that product is paid by selling a tiny fraction of your holding,

so you have a capital gain or loss depending on the price you get and your basis.

@H2G 

some "needs review" messages are warnings only.

you should always try to proceed to the next step before visiting each and every transaction.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Your monthly fee for that product is paid by selling a tiny fraction of your holding,

so you have a capital gain or loss depending on the price you get and your basis.

@H2G 

some "needs review" messages are warnings only.

you should always try to proceed to the next step before visiting each and every transaction.

H2G
Level 2

@fanfare, Thank you for that reply. That makes sense.

Out of curiosity how would one account for the fees in this case.

It is just as any capital asset transaction.

Use Form 8949

The annoying part is you may have up to twelve of them.

If you are excused by the detail reporting exception you apply aggregation and you don't need Form 8949.

Detail Reporting Exception applies only to  category Box A or Box D sales without adjustments.

@H2G 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies