Submitted paper return for 2017. Returned on Form 3531 missing info, Form 1099-R. However, the tax withheld reported on 1040 was inaccurate? How do I correct?

Let me understand a bit more. For your 2017 return the IRS requested for information to complete your return. You submitted the information with Form 3531. Has the IRS processed the new information? If they have it sounds like you will need to file an amended return to rectify the incorrect withholding that was originally reported on your 1040 (unless the IRS corrected it?). IF you do need to file an amended return you will need to first put your return into the state that it should be in after you submitted the information to the IRS (as that is what they have on record currently). Let us know if you need any additional help!