Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tlmwest

Should I mail my amended return including the new 1099R information should I wait until I receive the the incorect refund before ending the ameded return?

I found a 1099R form not included in my original E filed tax return and have amended the return. I was getting a refund but after entering the 1099R information  I now owe Taxes. Should I go ahead and send the amended returns before I receive the refunds?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Should I mail my amended return including the new 1099R information should I wait until I receive the the incorect refund before ending the ameded return?

No, it is best to wait until the original return is fully processed before mailing in the amended return.This will avoid errors with the IRS processing. 

After you receive the refund for the original return, mail in the amended return and include the payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

No, it is best to wait until the original return is fully processed before mailing in the amended return.This will avoid errors with the IRS processing. 

After you receive the refund for the original return, mail in the amended return and include the payment.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies