Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I be charged twice on my bank account? My bank account shows the federal tax withdrawal 1508 two time. Can I get refund on that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Should I be charged twice on my bank account? My bank account shows the federal tax withdrawal 1508 two time. Can I get refund on that?

No, you should not have been charged twice. You should call the IRS to inform them of this error. You can contact them at 1-800-829-1040. View solution in original post for instructions on how to speak with a live person and not an automated system. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Also note that, sometimes there can be a glitch in the ACH bank transfer system and you might see two withdrawals in your banking app.  If this is one of those glitches, it should clear itself within 2 business days.  

And lastly, if you don't call or can't get through to the IRS, they should still detect the double payment and refund it to you automatically, but this can take several months. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies