Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Recieved corrected 1099R after I already filed. Box 7 change.

Hi I received a corrected 1099R for my mothers taxes after i already filed..the only change was to box 7.  The original 1099R had box 7 as code 7......the corrected form changed it to code 4 (death- my father had passed). When I made the change to the turbotax federal return,  the amount owed was constant (no change)...do i still need to amend? Also would this affect PA state taxes in anyway?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

I would not file an amended return.  I would to see if the IRS takes any action, which I doubt they will since it does not change the amount of tax.  For Pennsylvania, if the distribution was considered taxable income for PA due to reporting with code 7 (if you were under age 59 1/2 it would be) it would not be taxable with code 4.  For more information, see the following from Pennsylvania Institute Of Certified Public AccountantsPennsylvania Institute Of Certified Public Accountants Pennsylvania Institute Of Certified Public Accountantsthe PA Institute of Certified Public Accountants Taxes on Retirement Income: Pa. Treatment of 1099-R Distributions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

In your case, the two codes gave ths same result on your tax return. That's all that matters.

the corrected 1099-R can be ignored.

@macdaddy100111 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies