Solved: Received $68,136.69 via check, distribution from estate of late sister. Did not find any applicable entry in Turbo Tax 2018. What do I do? ..

Received $68,136.69 via check, distribution from estate of late sister. Did not find any applicable entry in Turbo Tax 2018. What do I do? ..

If the distribution you received was received directly from an Estate, you do not need to report this on your Tax Return.

However, if you inherited some type of retirement plan and subsequently took a distribution, you will receive a Form 1099-R reporting that and it should be included on your Tax Return.