turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will the Pension/Annuities/IRA Worksheet: Txble Pens/IRA(Reg Dist) update be available for NY State? I'm unable to complete my NY filing because of this?

Turbo tax says they're working on updates related to retirement destructions that qualify for disaster or covid relief.  Is this related to my federal input of having an IRA withdraw due to covid?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

81 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

When will the Pension/Annuities/IRA Worksheet: Txble Pens/IRA(Reg Dist) update be available for NY State? I'm unable to complete my NY filing because of this?

Yes, this is related to federal input, which would include having a withdrawal due to COVID-19. The updates related to the retirement distributions for COVID-19 were released February 26, 2021. 

However, the state implementation may still lag behind Form 8915-E. Please refresh the program and try again now to update the status. If your return is otherwise complete, then once the state forms are updated, you would be good to go.

To be sure the program is updated, try closing the program and the browser completely. Re-open using an incognito Chrome browser to make sure the program is fully updating.

For more information, see: What is Form 8915-E Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments?

@jliu251

@jliu251I'm having the same issue. I have updated everything  under the sun and no luck with getting past that question. Seems we're being held hostage with this software.

khoenig

I have the same issue. I was told to try again on Monday.

rather sucky option if you ask me.

Thank you for that.  I tried refreshing using the methods outlined and I’m still getting the message.  I will try again on Monday.

Thank You for the update. Still unable to file. Will try again on Monday.

I tried again today and it's still not working yet

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jliu251 I have been trying this for the last 5 days!!  Still not letting me file my taxes do to this.  TT PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!!

I was told by support it should be resolved March 5th.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@richpatrie I hope so

Right,

I was forced by TurboTax to pay $40 for this software 

(NY my 2nd state, non-resident state )

march 5th  is here and still not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJ0688 as of 3/5 at 615am, it is still not working... still asking me to correct the NYS Pension/Annuities/IRA Worksheet.....

We all need to start calling them. This year's program is riddled with bugs. IT keeps inserting forms from previous years. I delete them, then they pop back on later. 

I may just file Federal and wait on NY.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies