Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bahb67

I live in Indiana but my retirement income is from Mississippi. One of the questions is asking for recipient state. How do I answer this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

I live in Indiana but my retirement income is from Mississippi. One of the questions is asking for recipient state. How do I answer this?

Are you saying that you are a FY Resident of IN and the 1099-R that you received shows Mississippi in box 15?

Are you able to get the 1099-R corrected?  Are there Mississippi taxes withheld?

Mississippi non-residents are taxed on income earned from Mississippi sources and the Mississippi filing requirement is $8,300 for single and $16,600 for married filing jointly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bx
Level 2

When will form 8615 be available? It is no longer even listed on the Turbotax Federal Individual Form Availability list.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Form 8615 is Tax for Certain Children Who Have Unearned Income. To find Form 8615 please follow the steps below. I have also included additional information as it pertains to Form 8615 if needed below. 

• Login to your TurboTax Online account.
  • Select the “Take me to my return” button.
  • Click on “Tax Tools” on the left menu bar.
  • Select "Tools".
  • Click on "Topics Search"
  • Type in 8615 and you should see this topic now highlighted in the list, click the "Go" button to step through the interview process and review/edit your entries.
bx
Level 2

I use the download version for mac, not the online version.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

We expect Form 8615 to be ready March 5 (which is always subject to change).  For current information on forms availability, please click on this link:  Federal forms availability

bx
Level 2

Could it be earlier than March 5? Why Isn’t this form available?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

It's possible the form will be available earlier but it's better to go by the estimate on the Forms Availability page  For current information on forms availability, please click on this link:  Federal forms availability

Every new or updated tax form must pass several checkpoints before we can call it "final" in TurboTax. Here's how it works:

1. The government must approve the form to make sure it follows the tax law.
  2. The government then has to approve the tax software-specific version of that form.
  3. We then rigorously test the form in the software to ensure it's accurate.
  4. The government gives our form their final stamp of approval.

We can then include it in the TurboTax program.

@bx

bx
Level 2

Is March 5 confirmed for this form to be available?

bx
Level 2

Is the March 5 date confirmed for form 8615 availability?

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Yes, form 8615 availability date is 03/05/2020.

Forms Availability Table 

bx
Level 2

The date has changed multiple times on the forms availability page.  It was supposed to be available in February.  Is March 5 confirmed?

bx
Level 2

Form 8615 is no longer on the list. When will it be available?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Form 8615 is available, just a little work to find.

Login to your TurboTax Online account.
Select the “Take me to my return” button.
Click on “Tax Tools” on the left menu bar.
Select "Tools".

See pop-up window
Click on "Topics Search"
Type in 8615 and you should see this topic now highlighted in the list 

click the "Go" button to step through the interview process.

@bx

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies