Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

spark8713

I am unable to submit my return due to a pension deduction worksheet error. It is listed as error with the state (MI) return but shows a federal amt. When can I file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

I am unable to submit my return due to a pension deduction worksheet error. It is listed as error with the state (MI) return but shows a federal amt. When can I file?

You can expect to file your state return in the next few weeks.

The TurboTax engineers are working as fast as they can to update all the states to reflect each state's conformity or nonconformity to federal Form 8915-E Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments.

If you wish to file your federal separately, the state return can be e-filed after the federal return has been accepted and approved.

For more information how to do that, see: How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

[Edited 03/09/2021 | 10:10 AM PST]

@spark8713

Thank you!  I am having this problem in Michigan and this is the first time I've seen a date for this fix.

@KathrynG3 , why did you edit and remove the date of March 19th from your original post?  This is really maddening trying to figure out when I can finish my taxes as we approach April.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

It was not meant to add to the frustration; I apologize. There is hope that the Michigan update will be done sooner than the previously sited date. It is more accurate to suggest running a quick update sooner than a specific date so that as soon as it is ready, the state taxes can be filed.

@agoeddeke

@KathrynG3 Thank you for the reply!  Anxiously awaiting the fix... 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Click this link to access a listing of State Form Availability

Also, this link has info on How to Contact your State Dept of Revenue

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies